Storage space is really becoming a big concern for iPhone users these days considering there isn’t an option to expand storage. However, the concern is more or less limited to the ones using the 16GB variants. So we have a way which can help you free storage upto 3 GB without losing any data at all. Shocking, right? And yes, you really do not need any app to help you with it. Let me list out what all you need for this:
- Laptop/desktop running the latest iTunes version
- Lightning cable
- WiFi connection
- Your iPhone *wink*
Now, do check what is the storage space currently available on your iPhone and then follow theses simple steps to free storage:
- Connect your iPhone to the laptop/desktop
- Open iTunes
- Head over to the device section and click on Backup- this might take upto 30 minutes
- Once that is done, go to Settings-> General-> Reset-> Erase all Content and Settings
- Keep your device connected
- Restore the complete backup you took in step 3- this might take upto 30 minutes or even more as all the apps will download again
- On your iPhone, go to Settings-> General-> About and check the available storage
You will now notice an increase of upto 3GB storage space available on your iPhone without any data being lost. Isn’t it cool?
Just in case you face any issues while performing the above steps, drop in your comments below and we would get back to you soon enough.