Give your iPhone a cleanup this week: delete all the junk files present in iOS, data, unwanted cache items and the memory hogs.
Here is a guide on how to get your iPhone and iPad run faster by clearing out iOS and removing unwanted junk.
STEP 1: Delete the Safari cache
Start by cleaning out the Safari cache on your iPhone. Ensure to logout from all the websites you have signed into. And, follow these steps to clear out the Safari cache:
- Go to Settings->Safari
- Scroll down and Tap Clear History and Website Data
- Tap Clear History and Data
STEP 2: Clean iOS junk using PhoneClean
Use PhoneClean by iMobie to remove junk files from iOS. Follow these steps to use PhoneClean:
- Attach your iPhone to your Mac using the USB Cable
- Open Phone Clean and click Scan
- Once the scan is complete, click Clean
Check out 7 essential apps for iPhone
STEP 3: Clear iOS files and memory using Battery Doctor
Battery Doctor is a popular app which enables you to clean out junk files as well as provides information about your iPhone’s battery. Follow these steps to use Battery Doctor:
- Open the Battery Doctor app
- Select the Junk tab
- Tap Clean Up Cache
- Tap Clean
- Wait for Battery Doctor to scan your files
- Tap Memory
- Tap Boost
Battery Doctor will let you see how much memory has been released. You will also notice your iPhone to run a little faster.
STEP 4: Recover memory
Apple iOS manages your memory effectively, and the apps running in background do not take up memory. But still, restarting your iPhone will clear all the memory and ensure that the apps we need have enough memory to use. Here is how to restart your iPhone:
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button until slide to power off
- Slide the power off switch and turn off the iPhone
- Wait until it has fully powered
- Press the Sleep/Wake button to turn on the iPhone
If you manage to do these once a week, you’ll have your iPhone with a decent amount of memory available. Do let us know of any other ways to clean iPhone memory in the comments below.